Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Wish Book

You know you might be a little bit of a country girl when the new McMurray Hatchery catalog arrives in the mail and you exclaim that your "wish book" is finally here!
It seems like every other day there is a new seed catalog in the mailbox and I love sitting down with a cup of hot chocolate and dreaming about playing in the dirt again. Yet nothing quite says Spring to me like a magazine full of chicks and ducklings. I sold all of my ducks and even my one goose last year and I miss them more than I thought I would. I haven't decided what breed I am going to get this time. I have had Indian Runners, Mallards, Rouens, Black Cayugas, Blue Swedes, White Pekin and Khaki Campbells. I really loved them all. Oh! Decisions, decisions! :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I've never gotten a fowl catalog; that would be seriously dangerous!

Nancy K. said...

Have fun picking your new flocks!