Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard 2011

February of 2011 arrived with a storm for the record books. Almost two feet of snow with winds of 35-45 miles per hour. We spent this morning digging paths to the barns
Photobucket and even off of the back deck. Photobucket
I decided to just try my luck breaking through the drifts to the chicken coop. Photobucket
As always, Ginger was right there with us!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Dan came by this morning in a MODoT tractor to clear the road.
Photobucket
According to Punxsutawney Phil, we are going to have an early spring. Let's hope!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Angela Rountree said...

I am glad you are all safe. We spent 6 hours shoveling out one vehicle, then doing chores at the farm, then shoveling out the second vehicle. Keep warm!

Anonymous said...

We had an ice storm here which our power went out on Tuesday night and it finally came back on for the 2nd time last night at about 9PM (EST). According to our Ohio ground hog, we're getting an early Spring too since it was too cloudy for him to see his shadow! I finally got my internet up and running again this morning on my netbook. My parent's and I are headed South in 3 weeks, it's almost 2 weeks now.

Amy

http://goatpod2.wordpress.com